Saturday, November 28, 2009

Interview with a curator...

What is your favorite part of the job?
-My fav. part is when I can walk out of my office, and see all the hard work into finding the artwork and protecting it.
How old were you when you started the job?
-When I started working at the museum I was about 25.When I was promoted to curator I was 39.Now I am 57, and have loved every single moment working here.
Why did you start working at the museum?
-It started off as just a job that I needed to just pay the rent.However as time went on, I loved it more and more, until I decided to keep the job permanently.It kinda just grew on me.
Has art always fascinated you?
-No not really.The first time art started to intrest me was the end of my elementary years, when I had to do a project on the history of Michaelangelo.Ever since then, art has found its way to fascinate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment